Monday 4 August 2014

In Remembrance of William James West

William James West 1898 - 1918
Image from the family collection of Julie Goucher
As we commemorate the beginning of the Great War. Today I am remembering my Grandfather's first Cousin, William James West (1898 - 1918).

The Lives of the First World War is using the twitter tags of #LivesofWW1 and #remember

I have written about William before, and you can read those earlier posts at the various links below.


William's life was tragically cut short just two months before the war ended. He paid the ultimate sacrifice.

Rest in Peace William, knowing that we honour your sacrifice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...