Sunday 1 December 2013

Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories - Christmas Trees


Taking part in the Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories.

As a child we always had an artificial Christmas tree I think, usually a traditional styled green one with pretty coloured fairy lights and the fairy that my Grandparents used to put on their tree.

When I married we purchased a lovely and different artificial white tree which we got from the department store here in the UK called Alders, they have since gone under, but the tree lives on with another family.

Tree Christmas 2011 - copyright J Goucher
Our current tree, which is shown here is also artificial but with a look of realness about it. It is a beautiful green one, with a hit of snow and built in lights, nice and tall, well taller than me! - It is about six foot. My hubby is the usual tree decorator in this house, I find it a bit of a performance; I am not known for lots of patience!
I would really love a real tree, but we don't mainly because of mess and because they are not terribly pet friendly and we have to remember Alfie's paws!

Outside, on the edge of our path leading to the house we have a medium size planter situated on the end pillar. There did use to be a leaping salmon until it disappeared, despite us not living in a dubious area, anyway after spending over a year looking for a replacement fish, and failing we decided on the planter. That spent a few months empty then about three years ago we saw in the local garden centre a miniature Blue Spruce and thought why not? It sat in the planter, undecorated the first as we were not able to find suitable lights for it, but since we have located some lovely solar powered lights.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it interesting how we adapt our trees an decorations over the years. I'm now a great fan of solar lights!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...